Its a Property Valuation Year and that means Valuation Protests.
Here’s how it works:
- The Assessor will mail out the 2019 Valuations on May 1st,
- After that date, the new values will be available by phone, but not on the county website.
- The protest period ends May 31st; a small window of time in which to file a protest.
Here’s what I can provide:
- I can provide a report of 18 months of verified sales similar to your client’s property.
- The report will include all sales that occurred from Jan 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
- This is the state-mandated time frame for sales upon which to base the new valuation.
- The sales will be sorted by Price, allowing easy comparison with the subject property.
- Your client will have the basic data upon which to make an informed decision on whether or not
- Should they decide to protest, I provide your client with multiple reports, narrowing the comparable criteria in order to establish a justifiable specific reduction in valuation.
- Accompanying these reports is a detailed letter of analysis, which can be directly submitted to the Assessor, with the reports, as a formal protest.
- There are four steps available in the valuation protest process, 1-Protesting to the County Assessor, 2-Protesting to the
- Board of Adjustment (BoCC), 3-Protesting to the State Board of Assessment Appeals, and 4-Protesting to the District Court.
Here’s what we charge:
- IF your client orders a Comparable Sales report, the price is $250, AND they are guaranteed my services if they decide to protest before May 7th. My detailed letter of analysis and related reports are billed at $125 per hour.
- IF your client wants us to file the protests, we will go through Steps 1 & 2 and if approved we will charge you 30% of the savings for the two years the valuation lasts. We can also perform Steps 3 & 4 at a charge of $125 per hour.
Here’s why you should refer your clients to us:
- In 2017, over 70% of clients whom we advised to file a protest, were successful in convincing the county to lower their new property valuation by 10% to 60%.
- Our work is reliable and respected by the county.
Because the protest period is so short, we encourage you to forward this information to your clients NOW to ensure that they have the full range of options, should their new valuation seem too high.